[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Wed May 1 21:25:29 CEST 2002

Dear Alejandro,

You are the Chair of the Committee looking at ICANN reform, a member of the
NCC, a DNSO elected member of the ICANN board, and a key member of the ICANN
Executive Board.    I am suggesting that some DNSO functions should be
decentralized.   I am not asking that ICANN have a zero set of policy making
in this area, but I am asking for a smaller role for global policy making,
and for more decentralization of decision making, not unlike the other SOs,
which are made up of multiple real policy making bodies.

1.  Do you believe I am making unrealistic proposals with regard to what can
be decentralized, and what I concede might be centralized?

2.  Is there any chance at all that the Committee on Reform will consider
any proposals for decentralization of DNSO functions?

Jamie

James Love mailto:james.love at cptech.org
http://www.cptech.org +1.202.387.8030 mobile +1.202.361.3040