[ncdnhc-discuss] Org divestiture: not anewgTLD-typeprocess

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Fri Mar 15 01:11:00 CET 2002

>>> "James Love" <james.love at cptech.org> 03/14/02 05:20PM >>>
> An alternative approach would be to let the .org domain name holders
> vote and choose the group to manage the TLD (among qualified
> sponoring organizations).   There is no problem registering the voters.  > One domain, one vote.  a couple of million people could vote.

Interesting proposal, Jamie.

Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's not waste your proposal.
Let's start a new Task Force to develop an .org divestiture policy.
We'll put you in charge of it. Go ahead, build up consensus and
support among the 75 member organizations of NCDNHC and the
6 other constituencies. It'll take about three international meetings
or so, and maybe 6 or 7 months.

Then when it comes up with its results we can all ignore it and
start over again. Sound like fun?

--MM