[ncdnhc-discuss] Will ZA domain name servers grind to a halt and make all subdomains of ZA totally unreachable?

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 4 16:38:06 CEST 2002

My take is that this is what is going to happen as the next stage of the
global internet. Countries since they cannot come to a legal critical mass
with each other, will erect real eBorders and bust people for breaking the
rules therein. This is not to be worried about, its a stage that the global
internet will/must go through on its way to becoming part of the terran
birthright.

In the interim - before we are one world and one network, the
compartmentalizing of eBoarders allows for a virtually unlimited DNS Name
pool to be made available to those comparmentalized customers. The only
thing that would need to be done to allow DNS to function in this model is
that a PREFIX would need to be addable (optionally) to specify which country
zone compartment (or DNS tables) you were to use.

This would allow for mark replication in a unrestricted manner.

My take is that the only people that will object to this are those that
insist that the entire Internet name space must be contiguous and that
simply is a bunch of hogwash...

The reality is that stratifying DNS into a number of zones and NAT bridging
the zones together will work. All we need is an Inter-zone nomenclature and
people to agree that this is the next step.

Todd