[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Payment [EXPIRED TRIAL LICENCE]

Dr. Daniel Carras akadhmia at deltard.org
Sun Jan 6 07:47:24 CET 2002

Watching the development of the new policies of the .org TLD, $25 USD will just be a
minimum. From what I have seen on this list, the cost of the structure for the non
commercial .org that is being proposed will be beyond what most in developing countries
can afford and will end up being left out. Currently, the is very little cost to running a
.org registry, because much of the cost is covered by profits from the commercial TLD.
"Divesting" from this structure means all the costs covered by the profit side of the TLD,
will have to be paid for by the noncommercial community - which will ultimately kill the
.org TLD.

However, I never believe in just complaining - I believing in doing. This being said, I
have been working to set up an isp that will serve the entire .org community, within the
current structure. I will be rolling out the service near the end of January. I am
currently in the process of setting up the DNS systems.

--
Thank You
Dr. Daniel Carras
mailto:info at deltard.org
"Philosophy Incorporated: Our Product Is Thought"