[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [noncomelections] Basic outline of the election process

DNSO Secretariat DNSO.Secretariat at dnso.org
Fri Feb 15 22:39:11 CET 2002

Dear Raul,

My understanding is that each voter may cast up to 3 "x"
- 3 names - but the vote is subsequently calculated according
to the category of membership: small is weighted 1, large is 2.
In other words when a small member votes for A, B and C - each
of 3 selected candidates get one point. When a large member votes
for A, B and C - each of 3 selected candidates get two points.
This is the most common weighted vote.

It should probably be worded better:
   "You cast up to three "x", for three candidates."

Your question let me suppose that you envision another
possibilities, such as a large member could split its rights
to vote (points to give) to up to 6 candidates, while at the
same time a small member could not vote for more than 3 candidates.
Or, an opposite scenario, one voter may give all his points to only
1 candidate.
I was unaware that the whole combinatory possibilities are
acceptable to the Non Commercial group.
If indeed such is a case, please let me know.

Best regards,
DNSO Secretariat