[ncdnhc-discuss] Proposed NCC resolution on conflicts

James Love love at cptech.org
Thu Feb 7 17:11:01 CET 2002

Milton.  Thanks for the comments.  It seems to me that (3) and (4) raise
similar issues.  Should people who are paid by ICANN registrar or registries
also vote in the NCC, which is supposed to represent domain name holders.  I
personally see this as a conflict for now, and my guess is for a while in
the future.

I should add that I am not suggesting anything negative about anyone in
particular, but a general rule, to ensure that the NCC represents the NC
domain name holders.

Of course, these are my personal views, and we need something that the NCC
can adopt by consensus.

A weaker treatment for 3 or 4 would involve disclosure, something that I
believe we discussed earlier, although I don't see any policies on this on
the NCC web page.

  Jamie