[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Candidate Statement Erick Iriarte (English)

Erick Iriarte faia at amauta.rcp.net.pe
Thu Feb 14 14:52:17 CET 2002

  To the members!

  Candidate Statement of Iriarte for the NCDNHC election to AdCom and NC.

Let me start this statment by saying "thank you". Thanks to Enred for
nominating me and thanks to all who have supported this nomination.

I have followed the ICANN process from a Latin American perspective.
However, I don't have only a regional vision, I thinks this perspective
represents the "other side" of the digital divide, worldwide.

Among other activities in promoting non-commercial, developing-countries
interests in ICANN, I have been Chair of the At-Large Membership
Implementation Task Force in LAc, and presently am a member of the UDRP
Review  Task Force of the DNSO.

  My postulation is based on the following premises:

1. Multilingual information is needed. Many organizations don't take part in
the discussions of the NCDNHC because they don't speak English. If we want
a global participation we need to speak in their mother languages. This
is a job for the AdCom, in the NCDNHC, and for the Names Council. We can't
create barriers to the participation of any organization.

2. In representing lack and the "other side" of the digital divide, we need
to have a full vision: we can't understand the world only with the vision
of developing countries. For developing countries the Internet is a key to
development, and domain names are in turn a key part of their use and
growth.

3. We have to continue the work of the present Adcom and promote better ways
of member participation. We don't want a situation where only a few
members participate, we want all to take part in the process of
decision-making by consensus.

Please send me your commments and questions.

Kindly, Erick Iriarte Ahon

  Personal Information

  Ø	Coordinator of Alfa-Redi Community (http://www.alfa-redi.org).
  International Community of Computer Law, in special from Latin America and
  Spain.

  Ø	E-commerce attorney and head of the Digital Lawyer Project of Muñiz,
  Forsyth, Ramírez, Perez-Taiman & Luna-Victoria Attorneys-at-Law in Lima.
  The e-commerce law department deals with a number of Internet related
  issues, but has specific expertise in domain name administration,
  management, escrow and litigation. Further information is available at
  http://www.munizlaw.com.pe

  Ø	Legal Advisor to Peruvian Scientific Network (http://www.rcp.org.pe),
  Administrators of the Peruvian ccTLD (.PE).

  Projects include:
  Ø	Drafting and researching a Local Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
  and Rules.
  Ø	Drafting and researching a legal FAQ list pertaining to amongst others
  domain name disputes
  Ø	Drafting and execute the Oposition System for registration of Domain Names
  Ø	Drafting and researching a Local Advisor Committee for the ccTLD .PE

  Public Services
  Ø	Coordinator of Alfa-Redi.Org (Community and Magazine of Computer Law)
  (http://www.alfa-redi.org )
  Ø	Member of the UDRP Review Task Force DNSO. (September 2001)
  Ø	Advisor for E-government of Development Gateway. World Bank. (Novembrer
2001)
  Ø	Advisor in the Peruvian Law of Digital Signature with Dr. Jorge Muñiz
  (Dic. 1999 - May. 2000)
  Ø	Founder and Director of Electronical Magazine of Computer Law (REDI):
  http://derecho.org/redi (Ago 1998-Oct 2001)
  Ø	Founder Member of Peruvian Cybertribunal:
  http://www.cibertribunalperuano.org (1998)
  Ø	Founder Member of Peruvian Institute of E-commerce:
  http://www.ipce.org.pe (1999)
  Ø	Founder Member of Peruvian Association of Computer Law (2001)
  Ø	Honorarium Member of Chilean Association of Computer Law:
  http://www.adi.cl (2000)
  Ø	Honorarium Member of Mexican Association of Computer Law:
  http://www.amdi.org.mx (2001)
  Ø	Honorarium Member of Argentinean Association of Computer Law (2001)
  Ø	Honorarium Member of Venezuelan Computer Law Association (2001)
  Ø	Chair of thee Membership Implementation Task Force for Latin America and
  Caribe (ICANN, 2000)
  Ø	Consultant Member of Asian School of Cyber Law (India).
  (http://www.asianlaws.org/aboutus.htm) (2000)
  Ø	Member of the Telecommunication Commission, Lima Bar Association (2001)