[ncdnhc-discuss] No new LA agenda

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Sep 30 18:17:37 CEST 2001

At 01:05 PM 9/28/2001, James Love wrote:
>Will the issue of ICANN mission creep also be discussed?

To date, the only issue of mission creep has been the many attempts by
people outside of ICANN Board and Staff to add to the mission.  The Board
and Staff have been careful NOT to allow mission creep.

So what, specifically, are you concerned about?  What, specifically, do you
want to have discussed?

>I mean, what will the agenda have to do with assigned names and numbers?

The announcement stated, very clearly, that the security discussion was for
names and numbers.  If your question is what are the security issues about
names and numbers, then a) that is presumably one of the goals of the
meeting discussion, and b) please review a number of recent postings that
suggest the kinds of issues involved.

>   Are they going to take away all of Osama Bin Laden's domain names?

no.  just yours.

d/