[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewerAt-Large di rectors

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Sep 5 00:47:33 CEST 2001

At 01:16 PM 8/31/2001, Milton Mueller wrote:
><in a very tired voice...> No, I do not think it is possible to go back to
>working groups.
>
>I bumped my head up against that wall for the first three months
>of my term on the NC, and I've given up. There is no support
>for it in other constituencies.

One, brief period of trying to do working groups is not a sufficient basis
for claiming that they approach cannot succeed.  For example, the approach
that was taken used far too little discipline to both the work plan and the
group process.

In addition, the NCDNHC should push for an open collaboration process, if
it is to be at all consistent with all of the requirements this
constituency wishes to place on ICANN management.

d/