[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on GAC

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Sat Oct 27 16:12:17 CEST 2001

I really don't see much point in giving in on principle to the idea of
only negotiating at gunpoint.  (i.e after IP/ICANN set the terms of debate
by unilateral action) I think it is despicable of ICANN to never play by
the rules when IP interests come to the table.  I think we have an
opbligation to go down making the bpoijnt that the rules apply to
everyone.  I think this point of principle is much more important than any
single issue.

I think our first reaction must be to demand a return to the status quo
ante. Then we can have our debate.  The issue of geographic names was
fully forseeable. Geography was not a sudden invention.  If the proponents
of that view had been willing to go through they system they could have.

[I'm off to a conference, may be off line till late Monday]

--
		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm
                 -->It's very hot and humid here.<--