[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Oct 26 02:09:16 CEST 2001

At 03:45 PM 10/25/2001, Milton Mueller wrote:
>Anupam:
>I am surprised that anyone is falling for Vany's call for a "special" vote.

Milton, your respect for opinions and positions that differ from yours
remains a hallmark.

>There is a formal resolution on ORG submitted. It will be discussed and
>debated
>in the ICANN meeting (where it can be amended and compromises worked out
>more easily) and then submitted to the entire membership online, where
>it can be discussed and amended again, or voted down, if necessary.
>
>We have established procedures for doing these things.

You seem to misunderstand the procedures, Milton.

There is nothing in them that mandates having a first vote only at a face
to face meeting.

There is nothing that mandates having no discussion until a face to face
meeting.

>last two years is that people who can make
>a lot of noise on an email list may have very
>little support from the membership as a whole.

Indeed.  So why is it, Milton, that you persist in making so much noise on
this email list?

d/