[ncdnhc-discuss] Why is "Marketing ccTLDs as generics" on NC Agenda?

Marc Schneiders marc at schneiders.org
Thu Oct 4 23:18:36 CEST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, at 18:10 [=GMT+0200], Jefsey Morfin wrote:

[...]

> The only change is to unlock the Window Internet access to make it similar
> to Unix, Linux etc. in introducing the IP address of one or several open
> roots server instead of the nil default.

Though I am no fan of windows, this is unfair. In windows you can set
your own nameserver just as on any other operating system. If you dial
in with a standard config script any (those I tried in any
case) operating system will give you the nameservers of your
isp. Except, AFAIK, FreeBSD. So maybe use that. It is not bad.