[ncdnhc-discuss] Membership eligibility for chapters

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Nov 27 06:36:55 CET 2001

At 11:15 PM 11/26/2001 -0500, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:
>What you have done to our list is sad.  You feel the unilateral right to
>post over ten messages a day to this list -- creating a level of
>harassment and noise that has driven many members who care about the
>issues pending before ICANN -- off our list.  You have done the NCC a
>great disservice.

Kathryn,

While I appreciate the idea of having such power, apparently you have not
noticed that the problems persist whether I post or not.

It is also is difficult to imagine your criteria for assessing who does the
harassing.  How is it that you find persistent postings about relevance,
process and pragmatics to be harassment, yet you find constant personal
abuse and a complete disdain for due process not to be?

On reflection, though, it is not surprising that you would be concerned
with the number of postings, rather than their content.  I seem to recall
that your reaction to being told of documents we could use as a basis for
our own procedures was to declare that you did not have time to read
them.  Too many pages, no doubt.

There is some small humor in the irony that all this uncivil behavior is
being self-righteously done in the name of civil society goals.

>Our NCC charter language is below.  It has been accepted; it is the
>language of this Constituency.

Thank you for regurgitating a few lines from our charter.

The question was asked in the hope of eliciting something a bit more
substantial, or at least more useful.

>interests, and Business Constituency as well.  It is time to move on to
>the substantive matters at hand.

Oh please, yes.  Let's get back to illegal disenfranchisement, shall we?

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464