[ncdnhc-discuss] [ncdnhc-announce] Nomination to NC Structure TaskForce

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Wed Nov 21 01:14:54 CET 2001

Hi!

Raul Echeberria was among the founders of the DNSO. He is a stalwart
defender of the principles of the non-commercial constituency, a former
member of the Names Council who knows well how it works, an expert on a
wide number of Internet matters (including addresses, not only names), and
a notable consensus-builder. Proof of his competence and commitment was
the organization and operation of the recent ICANN meeting in Montevideo
and the extraordinary support he gave to many people who were stranded
there (or almost!) in the aftermath of September 11.

When "tough" is not enough, we need a representative like Raul.
Particularly if the nomination is for the Task Force which will look at
issues which may produce profound changes in the DNSO, we need someone who
stands up but also knows how to build a working organization.

I support his nomination, for consideration by the AdCom and the
constituency as a whole.

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org