[ncdnhc-discuss] FRAX admission to Membership

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Wed Nov 7 02:17:15 CET 2001

Dear Alejandro and others,

Thank you for your answer! It sounds good.
Basically I agree the principle of "case by case", and your description
that the worse it can get is that he may recuse himself from some votes
and/or discussions. The latter is what I called "self-discipline". Then,
we are facing more concrete question.

Recently, we have talked about those issues like the divesture of .org,
New.net case. And we also had voted for some resolutions concerning "the
creation of a new constituency that represents individual domain name
holders", UDRP related policy advice and etc. Then, somebody who are
working for one registry company is positively partcipating in our
discussion and even voted for those resolutions as the representative of
non-profit organization.

Then, do you think that we have no issue of "conflict of interests" out
there? In my view, this is a substantial quesiton.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr