[NCUC E-team] Confirmation messages

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Nov 7 09:18:59 CET 2014

On Nov 06 19:33, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:

> Instead of adding a new field in the ncucers table I added a new table
> ncucer_verified, which contains just verification timestamps (easier
> to do and less likely to break anything else).

> It's as yet completely untested though.

OK, tested (and some minor things fixed), seems to work.

Curiously, I discovered that one person had reacted
to last year's confirmation message about four months later...
which was useful as an extra test case besides myself. :-)
So now there's one with verification date 17 March 2014.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned it's all systems go.

Maryam,

Sending the message to everybody can be done like this
(I already removed the old confirm.log):

psql ncuc -c 'update ncucers set state=1 where state<3;'
psql ncuc -c 'update ncucers set xkey=trunc(100000000*random()) where state=1;'
./passivecheck.sh --all --commit

Fire at will. :-)

If you wish you can do a test run first just to see what happens,
feel free to use me as a test subject:

./passivecheck.sh --match 'Tapani'

Other e-team members are probably willing guinea pigs as well. :-)