[NCUC E-team] Elections

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Nov 3 11:12:44 CET 2014

On Nov 03 11:03, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> > We could simply flag them here:
> >
> > http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/

> hmmm…but then that would show the world how many members are
> unconfirmed, rather than just showing members.

True.

> Would it be possible to put it on a protected bit of the site and
> allow members to create a log in and look?

Yes, but it would be considerably more work, and we'd have no means of
verifying members are who they say they are if we just let them create
logins for themselves.

> If that’s too much hassle, perhaps we could just tag them on
> http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ballots/ and have Maryam do a couple
> email pings?

If she wants to do such in her own way, picking them from the
database is easy enough, but as there's already a ready
mechanism for sending verification requests, it'd seem
easier to use it.

> > Should we also send a confirmation request email?
>
> You mean in addition to what I’ve said on the list, i.e. a bilateral to all?

Yes, either to all or just to the unverified ones
(if we decide to trust last year's verification).