[NCUC E-team] NCUC Archive

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Jan 15 17:02:28 CET 2014

Dear Pranesh,

I'm so glad to see you're going to take an active role here
that I'll step in and give you the access you ask for - I trust
nobody minds.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:38:31AM -0500, Pranesh Prakash (pranesh at cis-india.org) wrote:

> Would you be so kind as to create a user account for me ('sol') with
> ssh access (I've attached my ssh key's RSA fingerprint) and an entry
> in the sudoers file?

Done. Username "pranesh".

> (Does it run Linux or *BSD?)

Ubuntu 12.04.

> Also, what format is the member's database in, and where is it stored?

PostgreSQL. Take a look at

http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/e-team/2013-December/000525.html

Actually you might wish to read all of my messages to the e-team
list in December, you'll find many of your questions answered there.

> NCUC is right now using a self-signed cert. We should migrate to a
> CA-provided cert, and the two better options seem to be Gandi.net
> and StartSSL. Gandi.net's wildcard certs are much more expensive
> than StartSSL, but StartSSL only issues Class 2 wildcard certs
> (meaning we need send them a little bit of paperwork about NCUC),
> while Gandi.net issues Class 1 wildcard certs too.

I'd thought NCUC would get along without a wildcard certificate,
just use a few single-address certs (maybe just one, simply use
"https://ncuc.org/whatever" type URLS for everything, redirecting
subdomains as needed).
At least that'd be easy to start with as Gandi gives one for free
for one year.