[NCUC E-team] discuss list

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Tue Feb 19 18:12:18 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <
ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Feb 19 12:44, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
> > On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <
> ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
>
> > > Before it'll actually be useful though we'll need to subscribe
> > > people. I believe the idea was to subscribe all members
>
> > all NCUC members.
>
> Yes.
>
> > So need to read the member list against that of NCSG-discuss and
> > drop out people who are NPOC only. Who I expect will be delighted,
> > since they've complained strenuously in the past about receiving
> > NCUC-related mail on the SG list. Sorry, I suppose that's a task.
> > Maybe you could conspire with Ed to go through the names?
>
> I believe Ed's already been building NCUC member list
> based on stuff he got from Robin.
>
> I don't have access to ncsg-discuss subscriber list though,
> and I don't think Ed has it either.
>
> Brenden,
>
> Could you help here?

Sure, I'll send the NCSG-Discuss subscriber list to you privately.  FYI,
Wilson also currently has access to the NCSG-Discuss subscriber list, but I
imagine once NCUC-Discuss is setup he'll want to be be removed.

And I agree w/Bill, comparing the NCSG-Discuss subscriber list with any
NCUC membership roster data would be smart.

Furthermore to that point, this might be a good time to start using some
customer relationship management software to help keep track of members in
a more integrated fashion. E.g., David had recommended CiviCRM, which has
plugins to content management platforms we've talked about (wordpress,
drupal).

-- B